Level 3 Award in Education and Training
In response to recommendations made by a government-commissioned independent review panel, teaching qualifications have been simplified and renamed.
This qualification replaces the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
Who needs this qualification?
This qualification is designed for people who:
- are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
- want a short qualification
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an introduction to teaching and comprises three units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
The whole group of PTLLS courses are in the process of being discontinued, and are being replaced by a new set of Education and Training qualifications and they are call EAT (Education and Training).
Level 3 PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
This qualification sets the minimum standard for all those in, or entering, the teaching, learning and development sector. It introduces the knowledge and skills required by teachers to develop and deliver programmes, provide learning support and take responsibility in managing the learning process in post-16 education.
Anyone entering teaching or training roles or already in-service who needs to achieve the minimum threshold status as a teacher within the following:
- Further Education College
- Adult and community learning centre
- Work-based learning or training organisation
Since 2010, anyone who teaches courses that are publicly funded will have to be qualified. This qualification meets the basic minimum standard for those entering the lifelong learning profession and confers a threshold licence to teach.
Please contact us for further information.